Monday, December 28, 2009

Homesick for Sisters









Is this possible? My heart aches.










Nia went home today. It was so nice to have her here. I didn't want her to go. There is nothing like having a sister. The trip was full of fun moments my favorite though is the hour of laughing about jingle bells ( I know that means nothing to you but the truth is we were laughing about nothing anyway). I was so impressed at how much Nia had grown up. I know, I know, she grew up a long long time ago but I have had the hardest time getting to know the grown up Nia. Poor thing, I was her 2nd mother for so much of her life and then I went to college and moved away and unfortunately I kept being her 2nd mother instead of her sister. But both of us have worked at it slowly and I felt like this trip I got to see so much of the grown up Nia. What an amazing person and so insightful. She listened and understood like only a sister can. She was lovely with my children (Pomai just came in crying all over again because she misses her). Children need aunties and uncles. Moms and Dads and even Grandparents can't do what a good aunty and/or uncle can do. My heart aches to have her near. She reminded me how lovely it is to have sisters near and made me ache to have any of them near but preferably ALL of them near. But lest I leave this post in such a negative light I will remember to be grateful. Grateful for the time I had with her, grateful for 4 sisters, grateful that I have my parents near and grateful for FREE mobile to mobile minutes. :0)

5 comments:

  1. That almost made me cry! I always wished I had a sister, probably because of the Kekauoha sisters! I love your last picture of the whole fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you can't beat free Mobile-to-Mobile! I know that Nia had a blast with ya'll too, but I'm glad she's home...my kids have been asking for their Auntie Nia :)
    Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. You are both so sweet and made me feel better. Hey Jayci can I get an invite to your blog. Would love to follow. Just saw your craft blog-- FUN! lktollefsen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cry cause I miss having sister's down the street too. Please always know that I miss you too! Even if you can't tell by our scattered and infrequent phone calls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh ooooh, me THREE! I love and miss you tons! I'm so happy we had time together this summer, that was the best! We love love love you guys!

    ReplyDelete