Lately, I have been filled with gratitude for the women that are around me. I find myself always watching and learning from those around me. There are so many moments when I am struggling with a situation and I am able to think of someone else and their response to a similar situation and I think oh yeah I can do that too. I know that some of you will say "please, if you only saw the real me . . ." but the point is that I have seen these things and your actions continue to bless my life. Here are just a few:
1. My Mom - so many wonderful things but lately it has been her constant example of reading the scriptures and being prayerful . She never misses a day.
2. Pua - a working mom (and amazing teacher) who still manages to find time for her family as well as her friends and doing things she loves.
3. Hanu - I was so impressed by the spirit in her home. I know that doesn't just happen. She is so patient with her children and talks things out. I also admire her ability to make friends and to be a great friend.
4. Kahi - I love Kahi's ability to be "in the moment" of her children and those around her. She also as an incredible ability and courage to always speak the truth without hurting anyones feelings. I know it is because she is being true to who she is.
5. Nia - Nia is so outgoing. I love that she keeps in touch with everyone and manages to be in contact with so many people. She never lets time and distance come between her and her friends and family.
6. Emily - When Emily disciplines her children it is with a sweet "awww don't do that, that is not good". I have never heard her yell or be short.
7. Grace - Even though she works, she still makes time to play with her kids. Her children are obviously her first priority. I love the way she "plays" with her kids and even when she gets home late you can still find her with her kids at the park.
8. Halona - she is a leader's leader. Her ability to read into what people are really saying and find ways to motivate each person amazes me daily.
9.Ui-she fits into the not quite human category for me mainly because I am always amazed by the many things she can do and do well. What I have learned from her especially recently is that she is able to quickly adapt to different situations and make it work. She is also excellent at being involved in the community and finding time to do the things she loves. But what impresses me most is that even though she has an insane schedule that makes me exhausted just watching, she still is savors and enjoys each moment.
10. Meilani - I admire Meilani's insight about each of her children. In conversations she will say a little comment that makes me realize that I don't know that about my children. I also admire her faith in Heavenly Father and that her will take care of each of us.
11. Kaui-her ability to make anything a party. To be friends with everyone and no matter what the occassion might be Kaui has invited at least 10 families. She is so easy to be with and manages to keep everyone around her real too --especially me.
12. Diane - I have never met another person than serves more people silently than her. She quietly goes into the lives of so MANY people and finds a way to quietly serve. The acts are simple but always just what is so important at the time. She is quiet about her many, many talents but when it is time to serve they suddenly manifest.
13. Nue - So she is one of those all of the above women but she recently taught me another great lesson. Nalia and Azure decide to little "entrepreneurs" and pick the plumeria and sell them. They put the flowers in a laundry basket and were yelling at the cars as they passed by "Flowers! Flowers for sale". I was watching them and shaking my head. At one point I even told them to stop. Well a little later it was time to come in so I told her to walk Azure home. A little later Nalia shows up with 2 quaters. I asked her where she got it. She said , "Aunty Nue."
"Why"
"I sold her the flowers. At first I told her .10 cents a flower but she said that was too expensive. She said she would buy the whole basket for a dollar."
Embarrassed I called Nue back and apologized that she had to pay for the flowers. She said "No, I was just playing along. Next time though I will teach them how to make a lei so they can make some real money." Why didn't I think of that?!
OK so I will have to continue this post another time. So many other people came to mind it was difficult to stop (I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people). So thank you to the many women that bless my life just by being themselves.
You are too nice! The wonderful thing is that Heavenly Father blessed us all with different abilities so that we could bless each others lives! I know you have blessed my life! You are always so prayerful and have taught me how to trust and follow those promptings! You also help me remember to laugh and not be so serious! Love ya
ReplyDeleteLia, this is a beautiful post.
ReplyDelete